Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blessing of the Animals









Birds in the barn, birds in the house.



Four baby Robins made their home on the light switch in our barn these past few weeks. Not sure how many babes are living with mumma Barn Swallow.



Last year the woodpecker had a field day or two making holes in the house. Austin is slow to fill them in so now we have baby sparrow there too. Then just this afternoon the little chickadee came inside for a visit. I am thinking about making a new "Bird" movie.



Took Rigley to the Blessing of the Animals at the West Parish "rooster church" in West Barnstable.

There was a bird there too! I am not even the bird person, that would be Austin. He likes to carve, feed and watch them.

Anyway, back to the rooster church. Rigley went and got blessed. Cats, dogs, birds and a llama were on the lawn at the church . It was in the spirit of St. Francis, who taught us how God loves all creatures, great and small. Today's offering went to the MSPCA and the Samson Fund for life saving veterinary procedures.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look so cute on your little horst. It loooks like your having lots of fun - good for you. I love reading your blog and seeing your cute smile in the pictures. Gee, where do you find the time to do all this???? Your making me look bad on my blog. I guess I have to get with the program and up-date mine. Love, Jackie