Friday, July 31, 2009

Summers Halfway Point







Is it really August? Where does the time go.?

July is Barnstable County Fair month and although I am no longer on the Board of Directors I still was affected by it just a bit.. Austin was at the fair grounds for a good part of two weeks doing his thing. I helped before and after in the Adult Building hanging quilts and Afghans. Friend Joan is a quilt fanatic and it was easy to talk her into entering a couple of her pieces for the exhibit. I found that she is quite competitive and has already started planning for next year.


With the fair behind us we headed to Maine with the Tourbuggie this weekend. We have started our latest adventure in Dexter, ME, at the home of friends Ann and John Murphy.

Ann and John are former Plymouth MA residents that moved North in 05'. They also have a hunting and training camp in a neighboring town where they train their 2 German and 1 English Shorthaired Pointers.
We visited the camp this morning to see their dogs in action. Boomer was very attentive during his demonstration.



Later we attended the start of Dexter's Wild West Weekend. Only horses and pedestrians were allowed downtown. The storefronts were decorated in the Wild West theme. The locals were all out and about enjoying the activities and then the rains came.
Can't seem to get away from the rain . Hope the rest of the week improves.

No comments: