City of Palms Park, the Spring Training field of the Red Soxs. We are here and have seen two games so far, both in the win column.
The small intimate park had a record high attendance of 8268 today. It was a game with the Tigers (yesterday the Phillies). Sorry, but they announce the weather in Boston at game time. Guess it was a bit chilly up North.
It is a pleasant Soxs experience but somethings remain the same. Stop & Shop and Giant Glass on the left field wall, Papa Gino's Pizza and $4 for water. But! they sell beer in the stands and they only let people into the bleachers between batters so it is less disruptive to the viewers. Yesterday I was told to keep moving twice when I stopped at the rail behind the dugout to take a picture, I was blocking the "Standing Room Only" people. And I was a Standing Room person ! I only moved from the wall to the rail for a second. 

Standing Room Only has it's advantages. Standing area is only 10 rows back and we were right behind Theo. In the 5th inning we were able to move to the second row right behind home plate. That was the first game . Today we were in the bleachers.

No comments:
Post a Comment