It took 3 days but we finally spent some money. The J & J field opened at 8:00am and the lines were long to get on the field. There are several fields that have this kind of first day opening and they call them "rush days". We have been looking for a large cabinet to fill a spot in the upstairs den. Found a jelly cabinet but have been holding out because of the price, but it is a nice piece. Maybe tomorrow if we sell all the rest of what we have. On the J & J Field we found the blue butter churn. For several years Austin and I have been looking for a churn and have been back and forth between wooden or crock. The looking is over with the acquisition of this lovely piece.
Across the street was the second day for the Mays Field. Good for us that it rained most of yesterday, "rush day" at Mays and today was a slow day on that field. Jill & Company is packing up and heading home tonight. We got what I think was a great deal on this ratty looking pie safe.
It needs a little work as it appears to have at least 3-4 layers of paint that is all chipping. The tin panels are all original and in good shape under the paint. I think I can turn it into a beautiful piece.
Tomorrow will be our second day as vendors. Hope we sell lots.

No comments:
Post a Comment