Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gary's Big Run

High Five's and Kudos Gary. You ran a great marathon. Son-in-law Gary ran and finished his first marathon on Sunday. The Cape Cod Marathon is a Fall event in Falmouth. The morning started out damp and cloudy but soon turned into a great day to run and watch.

We had entertainment at the 13 mile mark, banjos, fiddles and song that I am not sure Rigley cared for. He wouldn't relax until he saw Uncle Gary come running down the street.
Took time for breakfast at the Tinman Diner and had the biggest pancake I have ever seen before heading over towards the finish line in downtown Falmouth. The sun is out and there is lots of activity and bag pipers playing their tunes. As we waited for Gary to round the corner this is when you start to worry, I hope he is okay. Then we spot the number 663, still looking strong, still had enough in him to lift his arms in the air.
Congratulations on a great run.!

No comments: