Sunday, August 10, 2008

Race Day





Congratulations to Stacey and Gary for a superb run thru the streets of Falmouth. Today marked the 36th running of the Falmouth Road Race, Stacey's 6th.

I set up my spot on Scranton Ave and watched and waited. The wheelchairs came by and then the elite runners and Dick Hoyt and his son. As time passed the road became a swarm of runners. I was in the line of fire of those Vitamin Water bottles. I guess they were giving them away about 50 yards before my spot. The runners would take a sip and then toss the bottles. I hid behind my Stacey and Gary sign. Have you ever tried to find someone running at you in a crowd?? Will I ever be able to spot Stacey before she finds me??? I guess not. The Hedmans came running up to me for a photo op.

Great job guys !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're still trying to count, but this was at least my sixth if not my SEVENTH?!? Have I missed any since the original 2002 photo? Thanks for always being there for me!