Friday, May 9, 2008

The Merry Month of May



I'm all excited ! The 2008 Barnstable County Fair Exhibitor Handbook is out. I don't normally get excited about that, but this year there is a new category under baked goods and I feel , maybe I had something to do with it. "Dog Biscuits". Last year I looked at the categories and saw "any item made using honey". Well I have a recipe I sometimes use for Rigley's cookies that contained honey so I thought I'd make some dog biscuits and enter them. The judge thought it was great! and even tasted it . I didn't win but we have a new category, so pass the word and enter your homemade dog biscuits in this years Barnstable County Fair. You can access the exhibitors handbook on the web. Things are getting busy over at the fair grounds. As most of you know, Austin and Diane are on the Board of Directors. Austin is currently the President of the group so he's on the Executive Board. All that means is that he has a lot more meetings to go to than I do. I am also the "Egg Superintendent" , that's true! So, for those of you raising chickens, ducks, turkeys and anything else that lays an egg, bring me your BEST DOZEN EGGS or 1/2 DOZEN UNUSUAL EGGS. It is in the Exhibitor Handbook, page 47.
It all comes together July 18-26, 2008. I'll be talking about it more as it draws closer.

No comments: