Thursday, December 27, 2007

Floating Day Two














I went to the top today, way up top. Yikes! On my hands and knees I scooted across the scaffolding to my friend Halum the tiger. With a box of crushed, dried carrots, my glue and brush, I made my way into position around Halum's arm and paw. With Austin at the other arm we were ready for our morning of gluing and pasting. Twenty feet up and looking down on the world.







We spent a little time cutting Statis in the afternoon. You should try it, just the blue, no green. There were a lot of people cutting all day and not a lot to show for it. Not sure where it's going, but I am sure we'll find out.










It's interesting to look around at what the other floats are doing, the different materials and techniques being used. We share the tent with The City of Covina, Rotary International, Portuguese American Community and Cal Poly Universities.

I have added a link to NAMM, (over on the right side of the blog), the float we are working on. Check it out and read all about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hay I love Tigger. Just think what you can create for the Fair when you get home.

Glad you're having a great time. Missin you but glad you are having fun.

What does Rigley do while you are gluing and painting and cutting flowers??

Happy New Year is almost hear.

Love to All Judy