
We have a very mild winter but on the morning of the annual St. Patrick's Day parade in Yarmouth we had a couple inches of wet snow. Rigley was loving it as we prepared to march in the 2 mile parade with Agway of Cape Cod. Agway was carrying the Animal Rescue League banner along with their own banner and Rigley and I were walking in support of ARL. Dog cookies were given out and Rigley played the crowd. Most of the snow was gone before the parade ended.
For St. Patty's weekend, I flew to the Phoenix, Arizona area to spend a few days with friends Danna and Ken Jedd.
Ken had just had surgery so we left him home to recuperate as we ventured off to the Arizona Renaissance Festival.
Along the way we picked up Rene and stopped at the Apache Jct. Fire Station to drop off a box of donuts. A couple years ago, Ken and Danna had a motor cycle accident right in from of the station and now whenever Danna passes by she drops off some treats.
I found the festival was a lot bigger than our local King Richard's Faire and a lot more crazy stuff going on. The Wild man Show was wild and muddy. It was really neat to see a performance that at times, was in slow motion.
That evening Danna and I went out for green beer and corned beef and cabbage at R.T. O'Sullivans.
I had a fun time and look forward to another visit in the future.
as usual I am having trouble adding links to my sentences so I have added them here.

No comments:
Post a Comment