| Looking across the lagoon towards camp |
Didn't all the scenery pictures I would have liked. Because of the weather, the camera stayed in the back pack most of the time unless we were at a viewing area. I hope some of these photos will give you some idea of the beautiful and serene wilderness we traveled through, it is not easy to describe.
| The Guides cabin as seen from the spit |
Some areas had a boardwalk that was a foot wide with bog like vegetation and grasses over growing the sides. At times the grasses were 3-4 feet high so you had to feel your way along..
| over looking tent area of camp |
The peanut butter mud in the lagoon was slippery. At times you'd sink ankle deep or more and with other steps you'd just slip and slide.The mud on the upper trails, as described by our guide Tom, was more the consistency of natural peanut butter that you have to stir the oil in to.
| the sedge |
| bear up on the bluff |
| looking from outhouse towards cook shack |
| eagle |
| Mikfik River |
| The Outhouse |
Even though I felt I was in shape,(friend Joan had pushed me thru the Trail of Tears in
W. Barnstable many times) the terrain tested our limits. Average daily hiking covered 5-7 miles.
Slipping........sliding......sloshing.................................................................................

No comments:
Post a Comment