Thursday, February 5, 2009

2dogs2000miles

I wish I new how to post pictures of Malcolm. This is an inspiring story that I am following . Luke Robinson is walking from Austin,TX to Boston with his two Great Pyrenees, Hudson and Murphy, to find a cure for Canine Cancer. Rigley and I are planning to walk a few miles with them this Spring as they get closer to Boston. Luke has been nominated for "Not So Ordinary Pet People". Please take a minute or two to read his story and give the boys your vote. Links are in the story below.
Thanks.


Midnight With Malcolm

Monday, February 2, 2009

Pet Person of the Year
Recently I received word that I was selected as one of the 10 'Not So Ordinary Pet People' by ZooToo. It's a big deal and the winner will be featured in an article in USA Today they say. Being nominated is a tremendous honor and after reading the profiles of the other nine candidates, it's a privilege to be in their company and among the countless who were considered but didn't make the final cut.Ten months ago I sold my truck, put my stuff into storage, and set out on a cross country walk with a pack on my back and Hudson & Murphy at my side. I only had enough money in my pocket to last us a couple of months and I can't recall how many nights I slept under the stars uncertain whether we'd make it another week.That we've made it this far is a testament to the efforts, contributions, and stick-to-itness of so many people - sponsors, supporting organizations, parents of cancer dogs, volunteers, and all the people we've met on the road who've opened their hearts and homes to us. I'd like to thank all of you!Please take a moment to vote - being recognized as the Pet Person of the Year is a victory for us all.
Posted by Uncle Big Dog at 10:29 AM
Labels:

2 comments:
Steph said...
What an awesome nomination and I sure hope you win! I'll be voting for you! You certainly deserve it. They should have Pets of the Year awards too, for Hudson and Murphy.
February 5, 2009 10:51 AM
LiveWorkDream said...
We voted, and everybody else should too! You'll always be our favorite "Not So Ordinary Pet Person" ... every year!
February 5, 2009 11:09 AM
Post a Comment
Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
My Snow Monkey


My Blog List

2 Dogs 2,000 Miles
Power Points and Presentations in Louisville, KY
4 days ago

puppy up!
Lily-American Bulldog
2 weeks ago

About Midnight With Malcolm
Uncle Big Dog
The origin of "Midnight with Malcolm". A few years back when I had my consulting firm, I would take Malcolm up to my office on the weekends. The name comes from a series of emails I sent my employees that were written usually quite late at night and always with Malcolm at my feet. He was the source of so many of my great inspirations and that's true once again. View my complete profile

Blog Archive
2009 (2)
February (1)
Pet Person of the Year
January (1)
I lost Malcolm three years ago to cancer

_

No comments: