We have been at Deadhorse State Park in Cottonwood, AZ for a week. Day trips from this base camp included the Grand Canyon. We were able to drive the entire South Rim. We got out at most all the viewing points and saw big horn sheep on the canyon wall. At Hermits Rest we sat by a big old fireplace and had what they seem to call cider, a very weak apple tea was more what I would call it. The sunset was gorgeous but darkness caused us to leave.
Other side trips includes Montezuma Castle, a place I found to be very interesting. I am amazed that people lived in such cave dwellings. Montezuma Well was down the street a ways, but another interesting spot. I love the Arizona Sycamore trees. The next day we went to Tuzigoot Nat'l Monument and then another day to Tonto Natural Bridge..JPG)
Jerome, AZ was just 15 miles up the side of a mountains from Deadhorse. The elevation went from around 3500 feet to 5000 feet in that short distance. From Jerome you have beautiful views of Sedona in the distance. We had lunch at the Haunted Hamburg.
It has been raining a lot since we arrived back in Arizona, but we have still had a good time exploring. We have been high enough in elevation(at times) to be in the snow and Rigley has had some good play time.
At the camp we got to see The Road Runner a few times.................Beep....Beep...
Till next time..

No comments:
Post a Comment